Monday, October 26, 2009

Soups On

What is more tasty during this rainy, cool, and crisp fall season than hot soup. I find myself desiring that when I am thinking about what to make for dinner. Soup I think is a big comfort for me when the seasons change and it starts to cool down. I recall hot chili and chicken noodle soup growing up and I begin to crave after such warm delights. Oh yeah that is exactly what I made for dinner two of the nights last week. I am just thankful that Michael and our housemates have not entirely caught on to the abundance of soups I have made, but eat it graciously.

Tonights special was potato soup. When I started thinking about dinner I went through what we had in our fridge. I remembered buying bacon and we had some left and then I thought a-ha I will make potato soup since today was especially rainy and cool.So tasty we even had seconds! What better way to warm up our insides!

So if you have any favorite soup recipes you would like to share I would be more than happy have them to add to my collection of soups. So heres hoping you find that comfort food that warms you up this during this fanastic fall season!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks so yummy. I made a very simple potato, corn chowder tonight. Your ingredients look so good. I forgot about the garnishes. It was windy and cool here today. Even though we don't really have seasons this close to the equator, it felt like fall. I would love to have some of your soup recipes.
Blessings,
Jo

Chau said...

Looks yummy. I made pho yesterday and had it today. Yum! If you want the recipe I can send it to you. It's rather involved though.

Anonymous said...

mmm.. that looks soo good!!!! what is the recipe... Jennie

katie said...

Yeah, ditto Jennie, what is the recipe?! Chau, I would love a Pho recipe, even if involved, is it too much to post in a comment?
I made a Barley Lentil soup for dinner tonight, our first big snow storm of the season. It's not complicated at all though, just saute onion and carrot in oil, add a can of diced tomatoes, barley, lentils, chopped kale, lots of water and bullion or broth, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic, let it simmer at least until barley and lentils are cooked. This is the soup that Mitch has been craving. I'm always impressed with how good it is whenever I make it and always make a ton and freeze some for later easy meals.

akamilby said...

In one of the books we have checked out from the library, Wednesday is for Zooooop! Or soup, so the last two Wednesdays we've had soup. French onion soup last night, as an accompaniment to roast chicken (maybe the easiest soup ever . . . carmelized onions, which does take a while, beef broth, and some spices). A week ago I let the kids choose the soup ingredients, so it was chicken and noodles and all kinds of other vegetables. I love to make pureed soups: cook a veggie down with some stock, and then throw it in the blender and serve. Works with all different squashes, broccoli, potatoes etc. Mmmmm, makes me want some now!