Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Splish Splash I Was Taking a Bath

Friday was Maia's first bath in her Whale of a Tub. What I thought would be a screaming fast bath experience, turned out to be a relaxing time for us and especially for Maia. When we put her in the warm water, she was so content, loving every minute of it. It probably reminded her of swimming around in amniotic fluids. We had fun just playing with her. The only time she started to cry was when we took her out of her watery bliss. So here are some happy Maia bath time photos.
"Just relaxin' in my Tub, thinking everything was all right."



After Maia was so fresh and so clean we got together with our friends the Huffmans. We took a walk in a park area near their house. Here is a photo of us wearing our kiddos.





3 comments:

katie said...

It's nice to have a thing that relaxes your kid. Bath time usually gets wild and crazy at our house. Somebody suggested a 'relaxing' bath for one of my girls recently and I had to laugh since water equals hyperactivity, crazy splashing and lots of laughter around here. Not that it won't mean lots of laughter for Maia someday, but maybe it'll always be a downtime event, peaceful and relaxing.
Gotta love wearing your kiddos, too. Everyone's content, then. That has always been something relaxing for our girls.

akamilby said...

Oh she's so cute. My kids always loved the bath too. She looks so sweet and cuddly, I want to pick her up and love on her. Thanks for sharing! I'm glad you're getting out to see friends: keep doing it--it helps the transition to parenthood go more smoothly!

becky said...

wow, Maia is super darling...I love the sidelong glance in the middle bathtime picture-she looks just like her mom. or maybe her aunt Jenny, I can't quite decide. Well, both I guess:) can't wait to get to see her sometime soon!