Monday, September 21, 2009

Distracted

What happens when a hungry baby is crying and mom gets home from the store all in a rush? Well, what should happen is dad brings in the groceries, but that is definitely not what happened.


What really happened, was six hours later, going through the fridge, I thought to myself, "Didn't Jeanette go to the store expressly to buy milk? Then why is there no milk in the fridge?" I asked Jeanette, and she reminded me that she had asked me to get the groceries out of the trunk. So I went and looked. And sure enough, a trunk full of groceries, including a gallon and a half of milk. Oops. Sorry honey, I blew it. It took us both a little while to not feel so frustrated, but we're over it now. Oh well.


And in closing, to change the subject completely, here's a picture from almost two weeks ago of Maia sleeping in her bumpo chair:


If you're resourceful enough, you'll never have to buy anything new for your baby. : ) (Disclaimer: we don't have to buy anything new for our baby, but it's not because we're resourceful, it's because we know enough loving people who have already bought her everything. )

3 comments:

katie said...

Hehehe, we've definitely had moments like that! Quite a few of them, actually, on both mom and dad's account:)
Someday, Maia, you can wear that Bumbo chair on your head, not on your butt, and we'll see how your mom and dad like it then!

becky said...

So it is a helmet! I thought so at first and then couldn't decide...For all I knew they are making bumbo chairs a little differently now:)

akamilby said...

Nice chair Miss Maia! You can go cruising in that someday. Or maybe by then it will be long gone, intentionally so that you can't ride it:) You're awfully cute!