Friday, February 26, 2010

Sunny Sunday

What do you do on a sunny day in Portland? You make the most of the outdoors. It is amazing how on a sunny warm day people fill the outdoors in parks, on their bikes, walking etc... It's like everyone comes out of hiding when the sun comes out. I guess you learn to appreciate a clear day all the more when it does not happen very often. I include myself in this. Sometimes it can be misleading especially when the sun is out and it is very cold.

However, this sunny Sunday was nice and warm and we decided to spend some of the afternoon on a blanket in our back yard. Maia loves to soak up the Vitamin D as she plays with some of her toys outside.


We even brought our lunch outside and had outselves a little picnic.
We got Maia sunglasses because when she topples over the sun is directly in her eyes and that does not make our little girl happy. However, they do not stay on so unfortunately it defeats the purpose. I will need to get creative and make a little strap to go around her head to keep them on.


So yay for sunshine! Yay for warmth! and Yay for how green our sunny days are because of all the rainy days in between.

4 comments:

akamilby said...

I say yeah for sunshine too, although we haven't seen much of it in the last week. It's here today though!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for sunshiny days. So glad you are the smart mom who knows to get out while you can. The new profile pictures are great of both of you. A handsome husband and a beautiful wife, or should I say mom and dad?
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Jo

katie said...

Let me know if you do figure out a way to get the sunglasses to stay on! I still haven't, they take them off immediately themselves. We do have ones with a nice elastic strap that goes around their head, but they still take them off.
I love the pictures!

Brianna McNall said...

That quilt looks quite comfy. And familiar... Is that from my mom?