Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lemons

I guess we have often heard the expression, "When life hands you a lemon, make some lemonade." 

 Hmmm....how about making a Lemon Pound Cake???  At least that is what ran in my head when I was given some beautiful lemons that came straight from a lemon tree in California.  I have a love for sweet things and a love for baking them, and so I decided lemon pound cake it is!! 


To sweeten things up I made a glaze with confectioners sugar and lemon juice.  Nothing like a little sweet tang to liven things up!

All glazed and ready to go!



 What a great way to welcome spring!! 

Happy Spring to you!!!

3 comments:

April said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Everything from your photos to the lemons to the yumminess of the cake - it's all beautiful!

katie said...

So pretty you almost don't want to eat it! You are quite the photographer.

BTO said...

That was a good lemon pound cake btw. Thank you for bringing some in Michael and of course thank you Jeanette for baking this confectionary delight!