Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sweet Moments

As a mom I have found there to be some significant sweet moments.  Like that first full nights sleep that you have not experienced in a loooong time and when it happens its like Heaven on Earth!  Or the feeling of when you have actually accomplished cleaning the house and it stays that way until the morning when the kids wake up.  The sweetest cuddles from the ones who love you most, who see you at your worst and at your best, who you can be your absolute self to and they will still love you.  But right now I have been experiencing the sweetest moments are those times when my kids are getting along, there is peace in the household, kind words are spoken in gentle tones, there is laughter, helping each other, and looking out for the others best interest.  Be that it may, it can last for and hour or it can last for a minute, I just cherish it.  I pray over them to love each other and to become the best of friends.  Knowing I have no control over their relationship I just love love love when one asks the other to come over and sit with them, or take each others hands and play on the playground together,  Maia reading to Paxton the books she knows and he just cuddling in close to listen and especially laying in ones bed together laughing, playing and singing with each other.  I write this post mostly to remind myself that those moments do happen and to pray that they will grow to love each other and cherish those moments themselves when they have those sweet moments together. 

1 comment:

katie said...

Love it. So true. It's our mama's heart's desire.