Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Theres Something Fishy Going On

I began working on this post before I left for South Dakota, and I never finished it. So I kept the picture and decided to write about it. I thought it was a pretty picture of the salmon I made about a week ago. I had been craving salmon and decided it was time that I got brave and made some. I found a recipe for roasted salmon with a lime salsa. OOOOWEEE was it good and hit the spot for sure. Honestly I think I was more intimidated to ask the guy at the meat counter for the fish than I was to make it. I never get fish so I didn't know if you had to buy the whole fillet or the amount that you needed. So if any of you are wondering...you can buy the amount you need and they will cut it up for you. Maia and I circled the meat counter until I got brave and asked for salmon I needed. Next time I will go with confidence and order my fish!

We are having a great time in South Dakota. Maia is enjoying her Grandpa, Grandma and Uncle Nick and I have loved just being apart of it all. So once we get back I will post some pictures of our fun times here in the prairie.


3 comments:

akamilby said...

The meat/fish counter people used to be scary to me too. Now I tell them things like: I have no idea what I want. What kind of meat would you recommend for fajitas? Which is the best piece of fish? They're actually quite helpful, and not scary at all! Okay, for the most part anyway. Your salmon looks delicious, and it's a beautiful picture. Have a great time visiting your family!

becky said...

This looks super yummy! did you make your own salsa? if so, what did you put in it? 'cause if all goes as planned i should have some fresh fish tomorrow:)(Holly and i are going fishing with the nightingales and sabrina)

Michael and Jeanette said...

Yes Becky I did make the salsa. I used 2 limes (peel it and with a knife take out the sections making sure there is no white, 1/3 cup very thinly sliced red onion, chopped cilantro, small jalepeno (halved seeded and thinly sliced crosswise), 1 TBS oil, pinch of sugar and salt. Mix it all together and wallah deliciousness! Have fun fishing!! hope you catch something big!