Tuesday, March 23, 2010

visit from Auntie Jennie

We had a spectacular time when Auntie Jennie came to visit us. Not only was it fun for Maia to play with her Auntie, but I really enjoyed having fun with my sister. There is nothing like a bond with a close sister and to have her here for a week and a half . We did a lot and I did not take enough pictures to capture it all.

Here we are posing in front of some moss at Multnomah Falls. I don't know why we are not in front of the falls. Who's to say. But it was nice to be out there anyways.

Let the fun times continue. We also helped Auntie find her wedding dress and some shoes, along with other fun ideas and to put towards her wedding this summer.


I enjoyed watching Maia connect with Jennie. I think there was a time that she was confused about who was mom. As we were walking she was looking at me from the Ergo with a confused look on her face. All of a sudden she just began to cry a very sad cry as though she was unsure who I was. So we stopped and I nursed her and reassured her that I was mom. It was kind of a sad moment, but funny to think that maybe she was a little confused. Luckily that was cleared right up and we went on our merry way.



We also went to Cannon Beach. Although it was sunny out it was also a chilly and windy day out on the beach which equals not happy times for Maia. While Jennie took pictures we got out of the wind. These pictures were taken in a coffee shop in Cannon Beach.


More fun continues!



One of our favorite Portland things is the carts. This particular cart is one that serves only french fries along with different sauces. We also enjoyed to one that serves a variety of Crepes.


Thank you Jennie for spending your Spring Break with us in Portland. We had so much fun and miss you very much!!!!





1 comment:

katie said...

Aww, sisters. Nothings better than good times with sisters! Or a brother:) You can definitely see why Maia got confused! You two are like twins.