Saturday, October 13, 2012

Miller's Test Kitchen: Raspberry scones


Lately I have been reading Cooks Illustrated and Cooks Country all part of America's Test kitchen and have been feeling a little inspired.  More inspired to test and recreate yummy things.  My things are not very gourmet, but its fun. So today I craved scones.  There is a coffee shop a few blocks away called Crema and I really love their scones.  When I want a scone I want to go there.  They have such an excellent texture, and often they are dolloped with some sort of deliciousness.  So I decided I should make my own yummy scones.  I often opt for a chocolate chip scone, but today I did something different.  My sou chef (Maia) and I used a scone recipe that I often use and adapted it to what I had on hand(it calls for sour cream, but I had whipping cream that sort of thing).  I then cut them into triangles and pressed a little circle indent.  I grabbed raspberry jam that I had made this summer with the abundance of raspberries I picked and proceeded to put a little dollop in each scone.

When they were done. Whallah!  Beautiful raspberry scones.









\



 The taste panel was speechless. 













(Here is the scone recipe I used:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/simple-scones/detail.aspx)




2 comments:

akamilby said...

Yum! And you have the cutest taste testers I've ever seen!

akamilby said...

Yum! And you have the cutest taste testers I've ever seen!