Monday, June 21, 2010

"Strawberry Fields Forever"

Oh boy its that time of year again. Even though we still haven't felt summer yet here, the strawberries knew it was still time for them to come up and grace us with their tasty presence. I love it when its strawberry season! I got pretty excited as it was approaching and began checking the website where we like to pick strawberries to see if they were ready yet. When it said they were open for business, we headed out to the strawberry fields to pick us some strawberries! Admiring the countryside as we walk with excitement down to the patch where the Hood Strawberries await us, our favorites!




This is how Michael and Maia picked strawberries. I had Maia on my lap at one point and she was picking the leaves trying to imitate what I was doing. So close Maia!
We even got some family photos out there. Here we are amongst our 18lbs of Strawberries. Lets just say I got a little carried away. Oh but they were delicious!

Even though this was Maia's first time to be out among the strawberries, she did make an appearance last year. Michael and I reminisced about being out here last year and I mentioned that it was so much easier to be down on the ground picking those berries this year. What fun!


This year Maia gets to be among the fun. So you may think what did we do with all those strawberries. Well I made 10 pints of Jam, froze some, ate them by themselves and made milk shakes of course. Those of you who love strawberries, hope you are enjoying this season as much as I am!!!!!!

2 comments:

katie said...

Fun family times! That looks and sounds soooooooo yummy! It's not that time of year here yet, but you've made me determined not to miss it when it does come.
What is your recipe for strawberry jam?

akamilby said...

Fun times in the strawberry fields! I bet you're glad you're not pregnant anymore. Thinking of eating strawberries, is Miss Maia eating any foods? I'm impressed that you were able to use all 18 pounds of strawberries.